Church History

- Organized in 1826 with 26 charter members

- Old Church Built on South Lisbon Road in 1846

- Services discontinued approximately 1900

- Annual Sunday afternoon services held by the Old Home Sunday Association until 1953

- Old Church reopened in 1953 by Rev. and Mrs. Anthony Lombardi

- Reorganization and Incorporation, 1955 joined Conservative Baptist Association of America

- Parsonage built on Crowley Road in 1959

- New Church built at 1919 Lisbon Road in 1968-1969

- First Service conducted in new church Sunday, February 23, 1969

- Festival of Dedication, Sunday, March 23 - Sunday, March 30, 1969

- Rev. and Mrs. Bryan V. Church called as New Senior Pastor of SLBC, March 3 1991 

- New addition added to church in 1998

- 2003 Fifty Year Anniversary since reorganization

- Chris and Sarah Pomerleau called as Youth Pastor in 2005

- Celebrated Sixty Years in 2013

- Newly renovated sanctuary, foyer, and narthex in 2013